What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

1.27.1.4 - Monitoring the Effectiveness of Hand Sanitizers

Started by , Oct 15 2013 07:31 AM
1 Reply

Hi,

I am preparing for my firts AIB audit in two weeks time.

I have read the standard and I am stuck on a question no: 1.27.1.4 Hand sanitizers are regulary monitored for proper concentration to ensure effectiveness.

Can anyone have a clue what to do?

I would be grateful :)

Cheers

Agnes

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Assessing the need for zoning and Enviromental monitoring
[Ad]

I guess hand sanitizer must have a shelf life, which must be available from the supplier on the data sheet perhaps.

Maybe you just need to ensure that you have the data sheet and a simple system for ensuring you are not using out of date hand sanitizer.

You could go the whole hog and swab employees hands prior to and after using all of the different hand sanitzers you have on site.  And compare results to validate their ongoing effectiveness, but it might be a little difficult to operate such a system. 

If you have a regular swabbing regime in place perhaps you could actually do some of the above, which would demonstrate the effectiveness of the hand sanitizer.

Just a few ideas.

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Assessing the need for zoning and Enviromental monitoring Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Objective monitoring Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring Data logger monitoring