What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk Assessment for Evaporation Pond

Started by , Oct 29 2013 06:19 AM
1 Reply

Hello everyone,

I work for a packing house/cold storage in Southern California. We have 2 seperate pack lines (one for dates and one for citrus). The citrus packline was implemented 2 years ago. The water from the citrus pack line is diverted into an evaporation pond located in the back of the facilty, instead of the city sewer system.

Our facilty is preparing for an upcoming Primus GFSI audit. One of the questions in module 2 (GMP's) question #2.27.09 reads as follows: "Does the facility have documented evidence to ensure that any food safety hazards relevant to waste water treatments (e.g. settling ponds, land applications, etc.) are controlled? We currently have no control measures and I was wondering what type of controlled measures and  "documented evidence" can we provide?

I have attached a  draft of a risk assessment I created of the pond. Once I complete this risk assessment, will it satisfy the question? Do you have any suggestions or comments on the risk assesment i.e. should I add more, delete, etc. What other evidence can I provide?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment