What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Audit Report

Started by , Oct 29 2013 08:06 AM
13 Replies

Good day to you all,

If you are audited by a customer, do you expect to receive a copy of the audit report?

Alternatively, if you conduct an audit on a supplier, do you provide them with a copy of the audit report?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?
[Ad]

Yes, and yes

Caz x

1 Thank

Sometimes and yes.  I have not always gotten a copy of a customer who has audited our facility.  As long as there are no issues, am not worried about it as some of the audits have been somewhat informal.  If I audit a customer I leave a copy of my audit. 

1 Thank

If it is by the customer themselves I might not expect a formal report but at least a conversation about what they saw and their opinion on the matter.  If they send in a 3rd party company to perform the audit for them I would expect to see that.

If I were to perform an audit with a customer I would have, at least, a conversation with them about my observations and if I sent in a 3rd party auditor I would release to them the summery result, in the least, if they requested it.

1 Thank

Yes I expect one.  After our customers audit us we get a full report of there findings and if there were any problems I create a CAR and send it out to them.

1 Thank

in both cases "YES"

it is not only an expectation, it is a requirement. In some cases we havbe to pay for the customer audit.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

It is indeed correct and useful to receive a copy of the audit report in order to take cognizanceread the comments and respond them.

It is only after you have readed the remarks, answered them and signed the audit report completed by your responses that the audit report will have any value and can, if necessary, be used as an evidence by an inspection of the competent authorities.

1 Thank

Yes, indeed I expect a copy of the customers audit.  And I do get one with each audit that is conducted, I can not see why one would not be supplied if they wanted to see some improvements.  I can not recollect in my years in this position of never having received a report of some sort.

1 Thank

it is a requirement.

Rgds

moskito

Required against what?

Definitely yes in both cases

1 Thank

Proper auditing practices... though its something that should be brought up before the audit when agreeing upon the scope of the audit.

Required against what?

1 Thank

Required against what?

It is our own requirement - otherwise no corrective action will be initiated, no recommendation. An audit without a report is a visit.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

I would and I do.

If there are no issues raised during the audit, I can see why someone might not issue an full audit report but would expect something in writing to confirm compliance.

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank
If you don't have a record it didn't happen. :thumbup:

If nothing else it's common courtesy and professionalism to expect/provide a report from an audit; even if (as Tony says) no NC's were found.
1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire Radiological Free statement from supplier