What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

X-Ray Machine Is Merely For Finished Products Inspection?

Started by , Nov 20 2013 04:46 AM
4 Replies

Dear all:

I have a question regarding the use of x-ray machine for the detection of foreign materials in finished products.

Can the use of this x-ray also able to reduce the microbial load of the finished products after being ‘scanned’? Any comment from the forum members is welcomed.

Thank you.

Yong

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Tracing Finished Goods
[Ad]

I would guess it's possible to reduce microbial load, but the levels of exposure differences between x-ray inspection (.2mGy) and irradiation (up to 3,000 mGy) is what sets the definitions apart.

If you're relying on this step to make up other short comings in the process, then the answer is a big no.

1 Thank

I would guess it's possible to reduce microbial load, but the levels of exposure differences between x-ray inspection (.2mGy) and irradiation (up to 3,000 mGy) is what sets the definitions apart.

If you're relying on this step to make up other short comings in the process, then the answer is a big no.

Fully agree

1 Thank

Sterilization machines are totally different to scanning x-ray machines. For inactivation you need - depend on materials - 10-20 kGy.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

Thank you Slab, adelpy & moskito for your valuable feedback.

Any more comment from the rest of the forum members, please?

Thank you.

Yong

Similar Discussion Topics
Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Tracing Finished Goods Customers want to rent our storage to store their products FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Scale Labeling Machine USDA inspected products