What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is canned tuna processing considered to be a low risk production?

Started by , Feb 20 2014 10:39 AM
6 Replies

is canned tuna processing considered to belong a low risk production since the product undergoes thermal processing in the end? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination?
[Ad]

Hi Shi,

Fish proceesing and packaging is definitely a high risk operation . The cans should also be sourced from a high risk approved facility, as its a primary packaging.

Agree with Gita. 

shi mendoza,

In tuna process, not only the sterilization stage is CCP.

Imagine if the stage an anomaly occurs in the crimping process:
Consequence: Poor sterilization and / or re-contamination with pathogens during sterilization by crimping defects;
Conclusion: You made sterilization, but because of defective crimping, your product must be rejected.

Rgds.

Thanks guys. However, when i use the BRC's production zoning decision tree, i always stop at Q3 since the product undergoes thermal processing. :headhurts:

Dear maddox,

So what is yr definition of low risk ? :smile:

Or was yr last post the answer ?

Rgds / Charles.C

hi charles, i categorized tuna processing as Low risk production but i got confused on the comments i read in the forum. Based on the standard, any product that is designed to undergo a later validated kill step that ensures the product is safe for human consumption is considered a low risk production. I just needed somebody to agree with me and confirm that my assumptions are correct.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Fumes in the Production Facility Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Magnets used in plastics packaging processing