What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to calculate least sterilization value for acidified product?

Started by , Feb 21 2014 05:40 AM
8 Replies

Hi,

I am Sunil. I am quit confuse to estimate F0 value for acidified foods. What is the referance temperature for acidified food, and how calculate the least sterilization value.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product How can I check good sterilization? Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?
[Ad]

Hello Sunil,

what type of acidified foods are you referring to.Acidified foods below Ph 4.5 are prone to be spoiled by yeasts and molds.

how ever some are cold filled as Hot-sauce,Mayonnaise,pickles etc and some are hot filled like tomato-ketchup and fruit beverages.Hence depends on the type of foods.

Need to know details of your thermal process.  Basically how hot does the product get, and for how long.

As a starting point, you will get 1 Fo value for every minute the product is kept at 121 deg C.  Fo generation drops exponentially with temps lower than that.

BTW, Fo generation is independent of pH.  If you kept product at 121 deg C for 1 minute, you get an Fo of 1, whether the pH is 2 or 12.  Kill effectiveness however will change.

Regards

I need olso know how culculate least sterilization value for some product Eaxm : cucumber pickle

I need olso know how culculate least sterilization value for some product Eaxm : cucumber pickle

Hi Housana,

Thanks for yr query and Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

This attachment may be of assistance -

thermal processing acidified foods.pdf   283.96KB   125 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

but i want F0 when PH product  = 6 :smile:

but i want F0 when PH product  = 6 :smile:

Bad Luck, that makes it Low Acid.  :smile: (see the thread title)

So what is yr Process and target microbe ?

An acidified food with pH 3.8, how much P0 is required 

Home (combase.cc)

I had this resource recommended by a consultant friend. I haven't had direct exposure to the premium data sets, but you might find the information you need here.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product How can I check good sterilization? Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? How to calculate the juice content from formula? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? Does anyone know how to calculate the pH of the food?