What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Micro testing on hands

Started by , Mar 04 2014 10:02 PM
2 Replies

The current GFSI scheme I'm working on requires food contact equipment and environment (cold room) to have micro analysis done.

Commodity is an item that needs to be washed and cooked.

Gloves are worn.

Is it necessary to do micro testing on hands? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Compressed Air - Micro parameters Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces
[Ad]

I have included this in my half yearly environmental monitoring program.

The current GFSI scheme I'm working on requires food contact equipment and environment (cold room) to have micro analysis done.

Commodity is an item that needs to be washed and cooked.

Gloves are worn.

Is it necessary to do micro testing on hands? 

Dear CaliforniaS,

Yr description is somewhat cryptic, leading to ambiguity. The terminology "cold room" also has various interpretations :smile:

i assume that there is a possibility that the gloves of interest  touching the relevant surface, or the surface itself may subsequently be involved in direct or indirect contamination with food or other fcs.

If so, several possible reasons spring to mind -

Here are exemplary surgical procedures for donning sterile gloves with "no" bare hand cross-contamination -

(a) The first requires a superior/equivalent apron so is probably ruled out, the 2nd IMO demands a group of human Houdinis which I predict you do not have.

(b) Gloves can leak.

(b) IMEX most (all?) glove-donning procedures in food establishments require handwashing prior to donning for reasons such as (a,b).

Another more food-oriented link -

http://www.grocery41...ing-gloves.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Compressed Air - Micro parameters Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces Micro Lab Testing Micro Testing Composite Sampling Interpretation of micro testing guide Equipment Micro Standards Micro Testing for French Fries