What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk of Introducing Enzymes into Vitamin & Mineral Premix Facility

Started by , Mar 13 2014 10:47 PM
1 Reply

Greetings:

My company would like to start manufacturing with various enzymes. Currently, we have a broad portfolio of vitamin and mineral premixes.

There are many differing opinions regarding the blending of enzymes within our facility.  I would like to have a discussion so we can all be on the same page, but would like to gather some input from IFSQN members first.

Does anyone have any quality/regulatory/R&D suggestions and/or outlooks towards blending with enzymes?

Would you introduce enzymes into your vitamin and mineral blending facility? If so, what are the risks?

HELP!!

Thank you for your time and suppourt.

Best,

PremixBelle

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

Hi PremixBelle,

You don't state what the vitamin and mineral premixes are used in eg human food, animal feed, petfood.

Assuming you are a supplying the animal feed industry, one risk could be from cross-contamination between premixes containing an enzyme that is approved for lets say cattle but is not approved for poultry etc.

This could be your biggest risk area.

However depending on the types of enzyme and if the conditions eg water activity, moisture, temperature, pH are suitable for enzyme activity (dependent on the types of enzyme being processed) are suitable for enzyme activity and there is a suitable substrate for the enzyme (eg if the enzyme breakdown carbohydrates and you are using cereal carriers in your premixes) then you might have a potential problem.

On the other hand there might be no risk at all!

This is where hazard analysis (I assume you have a HACCP-based food safety management system in place???) comes into play.

In short there is no definitive answer, there might be a problem or there might not!

If you can share more information on the forum or message me, I might be able to give you more ideas.

Good luck!

DP2006

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment