What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product Limitations Declaration

Started by , Mar 14 2014 05:20 AM
3 Replies

Hi All!

I need some input on this. I am preparing the DoC for our Meal Box. My problem is i can't substantiate the claim that the product is safe for microwave oven use because the paper supplier stated in the DoC that the paper is not suitable for microwave use.

The said product is already out in the market and no problem has been associated with it being microwaved together with the food. What I wanted to include in the DoC is the Maximum allowable temperature and heating time. Another problem here is that it is hard to establish the temperature inside the microwave oven.

Any thought on this?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine)
[Ad]

Dear MCIAN,

the paper supplier stated in the DoC that the paper is not suitable for microwave use

Any particular reason ? 

generally, it may depend on the type of paper, eg -

mic1 - Cooking Safely in the Microwave Oven.pdf   14.21KB   14 downloads

mic2 - Can you put paper plates in the microwave.pdf   448.65KB   18 downloads

mic3 - Can I use wax paper in the microwave_.pdf   214.88KB   10 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

2 Thanks

Hi Charles!

Any particular reason ? 

- The paper is PE coated on both sides. The docs you attached explained why it is so.

Thanks for the info.

Warm regards.

:rolleyes:

I suggest you ask the supplier if they have a suitable alternative paper that can be microwaved. The problem with microwave cooking is there are 'hot spots' and so it is difficult to assess the highest temperature the food/packaging is subjected to.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) What approvals and controls do we need from third party processor of our RTE product? Scope of Certification product specific Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?