What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Guidelines for storage conditions

Started by , Apr 17 2014 04:25 AM
4 Replies

Hi all,

Could somebody help me with finding a reference document/guidelines mentioning the temperature and humidity conditions of various storage conditions besides USP ? Or any document that can give a specific interpretation of temp & humidity for various climatic zones with respect to FOOD storage/shelf life ( I am aware about the guidelines that exist for pharmaceuticals preparations).

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Meena

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Microbial Guidelines for RTD Cold Brew Tea Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States
[Ad]

Hi all,

Could somebody help me with finding a reference document/guidelines mentioning the temperature and humidity conditions of various storage conditions besides USP ? Or any document that can give a specific interpretation of temp & humidity for various climatic zones with respect to FOOD storage/shelf life ( I am aware about the guidelines that exist for pharmaceuticals preparations).

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Meena

Dear Meena,

Shelf-stable foods, Canned Foods, Meat, fruit, ??,  or an Encyclopedia ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles,

Not any specific food category but a guideline which may define the temperature and RH conditions for various storage conditions like ambient, room, cool & dry, under refrigeration, freezer etc.

Any reference document which states about the various accelerated conditions depending on the recommended storage for only foods on the lines of documents available for drugs/pharma.

Regards,

Meena

Dear Meena,

Offhand, this does look like an Encyclopedia but time will tell. :smile:

For sure there iare no global standards.

Local, who knows ?

Just as a random contribution, did you know that some canned foods produced for Finland may well have different storage temperature limits than those for India ?

Rgds / Charles.C

THIS is the area of concern !!

For pharma, the ICH has categorized us in zone 4 with accelerated conditions to be 40 deg and 75 RH (General storage).

Though that also doesn't cover the climatic variance in India. Anything recommended to be stored under "Ambient conditions" will be stored at extremely different temperature and humidity conditions (e.g Kashmir, Rajasthan and Kerala)

I was trying to find out any guidelines for food which could have clarified on what temperature and humidity shall be considered if a product is recommended for "Cool & dry" storage or "Ambient conditions".

Regards,

Meena

Similar Discussion Topics
Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Microbial Guidelines for RTD Cold Brew Tea Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Does anyone have a definition for product rework according to USDA guidelines? Pipeline Metal detector - industry guidelines Is it required to perform endotoxin testing in any kind of food by any guidelines or standards? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation BRC Guidelines in Understanding Requirements for new site