What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone have a risk assessment template that they could share?

Started by , Jun 03 2014 05:55 PM

Sorry. The file is now attached

8 Replies

Does anyone have a risk assessment template that they could share...maybe one specifically speaking to hairnets or any GMP's.  If not any Risk Assessment templae would work.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates
[Ad]

Typically things like hairnets/beard nets (snoods) are not subject to a risk assessment.  It is best practice throughout the food industry to require any employee that comes into contact with food/ingredient/packaging production to be required to wear one as part of the locations "Good Manufacturing Practices".  It's like operators bringing glass on the floor.  There is no instance where an employee should bring any glass on the floor that isn't part of some type of work process (maybe an on floor lab or something odd...).

Otherwise for any other risk you want to set up a matrix with severity (how bad would it be if it got into the food) and likelihood (how often might this get in the food)  Then you multiply the severity and the likelihood and come up with your Risk Assessment Score.

Likelihood  1     2     3    4      5

S

E    1         1     2     3    4      5

V

E    2         2     4    6     8     10

R

I     3         3      6    9   12    15

T   

Y   4          4     8    12  16    20

5          5    10   15   20   25

Then you have to decide, in the food safety team, what level requires mitigation and what type (Control Point, Critical Control Point) etc.

Is that the idea of what you were asking about?

1 Like

Thanks...Doing a risk assessment for GMP's like hairnets and beard covers is typical in Distributuion Centers.  There is no risk when there is no open product...I've even seen DC's that have done one for jewelry.

Just wanting to get ideas about how others are conducting risk assessments...Wanted to see if there was something out there that I've never seen or considered

1 Like

In conducting the risk assessment consider the likelihood of occurence and the severity of impact.  Give each a numerical value, say between 1-4, then use the matrix to determine action.  See the attached matrix.

Attached Files

2 Likes3 Thanks

Excellent addition, CHACONIA.

Here is some more info to help formulate your own plan;

FDA Risk Analysis.pdf   592.77KB   166 downloads

risk_assessment_guide.pdf   148.12KB   153 downloads

Also the FDA has an online tool for assessment. 

1 Like1 Thank

This is a simple one I have.

See how you get on. You need to change the questions in probability and outcome  to suit your needs and then drag the lines to the score and see where they cross. Page 2 on the tab is for your actions etc.

Regards

Sharon

This is a simple one I have.

See how you get on. You need to change the questions in probability and outcome  to suit your needs and then drag the lines to the score and see where they cross. Page 2 on the tab is for your actions etc.

Regards

Sharon

Dear Sharon,

Appears to be lost in cyberspace ?

Can you attach again please.

Rgds / Charles.C

This is what I use.

Marshall

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Food fraud vulnerability assessment