What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can anyone provide picture examples of biofilm locations or deposits?

Started by , Jun 09 2014 06:50 PM
6 Replies

Hello,

Can anyone provide picture examples of biofilm locations or deposits? I can't find anything other than microscopic examples.  I was told that in some cases you can see it as a haze over some SS parts.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you provide your customers with your FDA Registration number? Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Food Manufacturing Decommissioning Form Examples Examples of short and long-term customer complaint reduction strategies Do we need to provide evidence in specifications to claim products are genetically modified?
[Ad]

I've also heard that you can see biofilms as a 'rainbow' on stainless steel.

Biofilms can also be invisible and anywhere.  Perhaps this link will help. 

http://www.biofilm.montana.edu/

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you but I am looking for more blatent cases to see how our equipment was doing. I do not see any rainbows but there is a little haze on the backsides that does not look so good.  However, this example served to gross me out and be informative.

1 Like

We use a UV lamp to check for Biofilms

Caz

1 Like

Jeez Louise... If you have a visual observation of biofilm in a food processing facility then your sanitation program and validation procedures need a serious reconstruction. 

2 Likes

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you provide your customers with your FDA Registration number? Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Food Manufacturing Decommissioning Form Examples Examples of short and long-term customer complaint reduction strategies Do we need to provide evidence in specifications to claim products are genetically modified? Examples of hazard analysis for Spices Blend to meet FSVP Examples of Risks and Opportunities for Clause 4 FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations Please Share Examples of Your Key Performance Indicator Programs Catering and manufacturing examples for HACCP Plan