What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Global Standard - Agents and Brokers

Started by , Jul 07 2014 03:43 PM
1 Reply

Afternoon All,

With the recent release of BRC's new standard for Agents and Brokers, I wondered what the IFSQN community thought about it? Do you have any first hand experience already? Do you see it catching on across the industry or do you think it will struggle to get any uptake from Agents and Brokers who in my experience may have some big gaps to fill in terms of structured quality systems and implementing HACCP.

I'd also be very interested to hear from those of you involved in food manufacturing. Would you consider relying wholly on a BRC A&B certificate or would you still insist on performing a full risk assessment of the manufacturing site (in which case, where does the benefit lie for agents and brokers to implement the new standard)?

Regards,

Matt

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction?
[Ad]

Hello Matt,

I brought this subject up last fall when the 1st draft came out and would also like to see more comment on it (I suspect because few companies are required to adhere to it yet): http://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php/topic/21276-brc-global-standard-for-agents-and-brokers-issue-1-draft-5/

Year-after-year i continue to see the concerted focus on the entire supply chain. Just off the cuff, I see Agents & Brokers have an important part to play when it comes to fraud and labeling.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Lower audit score since the SAI Global acquisition by Intertek ASDA manufacturing standard How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Latest version of Yum standard Australia Standard for Environment Swabs