What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Where to document GMP rules?

Started by , Jul 10 2014 08:05 PM
10 Replies

Where do you document things like:

frocks must not be worn while picking anything up off the floor

OR

Utility knives are used for opening cases only, not food contact packaging?

Are these all spelled out in the GMP's? Employee handbook? Job descriptions?

It seems like we have a lot of these 'rules', but they're not written down.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document
[Ad]

For us, those are listed in the GMPs that each employee signs off on when they are hired. We have annual training where this is revisited.

Setanta

Where do you document things like:

frocks must not be worn while picking anything up off the floor

OR

Utility knives are used for opening cases only, not food contact packaging?

Are these all spelled out in the GMP's? Employee handbook? Job descriptions?

It seems like we have a lot of these 'rules', but they're not written down.

I have uniform / hygiene rules in the GMPs, but for the kinves I have a separate kinfe control program under control of foriegn obejects.

I have often seen in both a policy and in training that employees sign off. 

We put all these in the GMP Manual.

Yong

Yep, GMP's, Knife Policy and Work Instructions.

Regards,

Tony

We put all these in the GMP Manual.

Yong

Would you be willing to share a little of your GMP Manual?

Anyone else willing to share a comprehensive GMP list?

I have uniform / hygiene rules in the GMPs, but for the kinves I have a separate kinfe control program under control of foriegn obejects.

Same here but utility knives are not allowed in processing only in the warehouse. 

I have these in a GMP standards procedure and like the other posters have a seperate knife control procedure.

I have attached the GMP Standards document for you referfence - hope it helps!

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Hello Pizza&Sandwich:

We split our GMP manual into sections as below:-

a. Plant Facilities (plant design & location, lighting, ventilation, drainage, storage, water, steam, incoming material handling etc. Include related layouts)

b. Equipment & Utensils (specify requirement on the selection of materials for the equipment & utensils. Include related layouts)

c. Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance (specify cleaning requirement, cleaning master list, maintenance master list etc.)

d. Waste management (specify method of waste handling. Include related layouts)

e. Chemical control (specify method of non-food chemical handling. Include related layouts)

f. Glass & wood and other physical hazard (e.g. knife) control

g. Personal hygiene (specify requirements e.g. clothing, personal behaviour, visitor control, jewellery policy etc)

h. Pest control (specify the whole program. Include related layouts etc.)

i. Traceability & recall (specify batch code, recall committee etc.)

While for each section, follow the 'format' as given by SpursGirl. Of course, this is not a 'standard' and you can use your creativity to establish your very own GMP manual. Good luck.

Yong

We have a Quality Control procedure in our system that sets out guidelines for all our GMP policies.  We then use that as our base for the employee handbook, orientation training and our GMP audits.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document GMP rules for maintenance Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off Rules on False Eyelashes Document Structure for Hazard Analysis Worksheet and CCP Decision Tree