What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Process for new packaging material or device used for sampling?

Started by , Jul 15 2014 06:33 PM
2 Replies

Hi everyone, always love coming to this forum.  Everyone is great here.

I didn't see this topic out there yet, but what type of evaluation process would we go through for a new packaging material or for a device used for sampling?  We recently had a fiasco where our polystyrene sampling device (which we bought super cheap on the internet!) was not compatible with the liquid that we were sampling.  It would be good to prevent this from happening again.

If you have a template or form that is usually used, that would be great.  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Matthew

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP
[Ad]

I don't do this kind of packaging but hopefully someone will be able to help.

If I have understood your ceoncern rightly, then IMO you must look into the chemical /physical properties of the material you intend to buy eg grade of material, behaviour of the material in the pH/temperature range of proces where it is planned to be used, assess any threat which may be come up during its regular use etc.

For packaging material, if its a primary packaging then its compatibility with your product at differnt storage conditions (in accordance with its storage/transport conditions). The compatibility can be done theoretically (Literature survey) as well as by conducting experiments.

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Looking for information on condensed milk process Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process