• Scope
  • Attachments
  • Purpose
  • References
  • Materials
  • Safety or Special Precautions
  • Procedure
  • Change History

I feel this format is a little bit old and at times redundant. What other format would you suggest?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document
[Ad]

I current have my documents following this order:

1. Policy
  2. Scope
  3. Attachments
  4. Purpose
  5. References
  6. Materials
  7. Safety or Special Precautions
  8. Procedure
  9. Change History

I feel this format is a little bit old and at times redundant. What other format would you suggest?

Personally I would eliminate any section that is not necessary. 

Change History is not on the document but instead kept on a log.

Sometimes I find scope and purpose is redundant and combined them in some cases. 

References is at the end for me. 

The inputs mentioned is appropriate but change in order is what essential.

Materials are used whenever dealing with lab sops / WI else it can be removed.

Responsibility part is vital in SOP format.

I would suggest to keep attachments after procedure part. For me, it will be admissible if procedure field is kept at the frontal part of SOP.

Might be useful !

Dear SPL,

I understand from yr OP that every "document" has a Policy.

IMEX that is unique ! :smile: :thumbup:

And diametically opposite (redundancy?) to my own structure (barring one set) although an obviously subjective topic.

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear SPL,

I understand from yr OP that every "document" has a Policy.

IMEX that is unique ! :smile: :thumbup:

And diametically opposite (redundancy?) to my own structure (barring one set) although an obviously subjective topic.

Rgds / Charles.C

Charles,

I inherited a unique documentation system, its a mixture of pervious QA/QS personnel organizational, AIB trying to conform to SQF and BRC. I did make some changes, the posted outline is for a policy/SOP but WI uses a condense version. I would like to revise the current system to modernize it and make it less confusing. Laying out the policy then proceeding with instruction is logical for a small organization like mine.  

I running into issue with attachments e.g. forms, where forms may change more times then the actually document.

Dear SPL.

I running into issue with attachments e.g. forms, where forms may change more times then the actually document.

And there I have to agree with you.

I choose to issue a Rev.(sub)No, with every form change to avoid utter confusion but this can be a distribution nightmare unless electronic assistance exists. Particularly when the lab. (rightly) expects a typical filled-in example every time. I usually blame it on R&D.

Never found a manual solution to this one.

Rgds / Charles.C

Old BS5750 times we used to have a pyramid of documents. Starting at the tip with Policy and working down the list the numbers of documents increased to a large pyramid base of forms. For each level we had an index of status and behind that a list of amends with dates and reasons. (sorry this is supposed to be a pyramid shape)

Regards

Sharon

Policy

Manual

Procedures

Work instructions

.............Forms..........

Dear Sharon,

Looks like a precursor(?) of the basic ISO triangle (eg 1,3, 4) (5 sort of floats 3-4)(2 is, i think, usually understood)

Subsequently re-vamped for many other exercises, eg OPRPs.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off Document Structure for Hazard Analysis Worksheet and CCP Decision Tree Is it a requirement to sign every document and policy? Document Control/Revision History