What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone have experience with LED fluorescent light globes?

Started by , Jul 24 2014 09:46 AM

Thank you, the issue is around safety if broken or damaged in production areas. Do they need to be sleaved or covered like other fluorescent tubes?

5 Replies

Has any one had any experience with led fluorescent light globes the Australian food standards code is quite specific  lux readings, light covers and diffusers and shatter proof globes are all acceptable but now we have led fluos? area they acceptable?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida? Does anyone have experience with Ishida dry fillers?
[Ad]

I'm not in Australia(!)- but I did look at these a little while ago when settting up a (small) manufacturing plant

Assuming that you are replacing current tubes with LEd ones-so they are going into your current 'food safe' fittings?

Advantages

• they run much cooler-so good for temperature controlled environments
  • light emitted is brighter/whiter-so better working environment-and ideal IMo when doing visual product inspection
  • they consume around 50% of the power of standard tubes
  • long lifespan-i think the one's we looked at were 30-50k hours-but i could be wrong on that!

one downside-they were a bit expensive in terms of initial outlay (at least)!

Regards

Mike

1 Thank

We are about to test this type of lights and replace all halogens.   All I can give you is this website: 

www.oeo.com

They have all the specifications for your review.

I hope this helps, :shades:

1 Thank

One challenge is the heavy metals in these types of lights.  Make sure they are properly disposed of.

1 Thank

Thank you, the issue is around safety if broken or damaged in production areas. Do they need to be sleaved or covered like other fluorescent tubes?

http://www.scientifi...tbulb-concerns/

This article discusses safety. 

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have experience with 3M Scrub Stick? Does anyone have experience with Monday.com as a Quality Management System and Supplier Management System? Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida? Does anyone have experience with Ishida dry fillers? Food Safety Team Leader Experience Does anyone have any experience of spoilage in soft cheese? A negative BRCGS Auditor experience What are your methods or experience with decanting juice concentrates? What has been your experience on food defense training during audits?