What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Grade Products to mop floors with

Started by , Jul 24 2014 06:18 PM
4 Replies

Hey,

I work for a nut processing facility, and I need a cleaning solution that is safe to have on my pack line to mop floors and clean walls with, and that I do not have to rinse off after application. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food safety culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES)
[Ad]

Is your facility organic?

I would say you average degreaser would work...our chemical supplier has a specific degeaser for floors.  But unless you're putting food on walls and floors, I don't know why it has to be food contact no rinse approved? Is there a particular standard you;re looking for?

As a side note... we had mops in our production room when I started but they were dirty and smelly...I changed to squeegees and it's easier to manage / make sure they are clean.  Foamers are really fun tools for walls and I love using them. 

We arer not organic... I just want to be as safe as possible. I do not want a rise off product because it takes more time away from pack house operations

Personally I would want to use a stronger strength to clean the floors.  Any food touching the floors is going to be thrown away.  But it is a floor with shoes on it.  IMHO a stronger cleaner is warranted, especially if there are drains and unless you are using an atomic powered cleaner, rinsing is not required, because it is not a food contact surface.  While your walls don't go through quite the same trauma as floors again, rinsing is not required if  your using normal strength cleaners. I would consult with your chemical supplier, but in most cases our plants have used a chlorinated degreaser for floors and walls.    

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Food safety culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Repackaging of Food Grade product As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? food safety