What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Defence, Biovigilance & Bioterrorism

Started by , Jul 29 2014 08:19 PM
1 Reply

Food Defence, Biovigilance & Bioterrorism
Ruth Bell, Consultant

Food defence, biovigilance and bioterrorism are all issues which food business operators must be aware of and implement the necessary controls to assure its customers that their products are safe and secure at all times. Threats to the food and drink industry may come from ideologically motivated groups, criminals or individuals with a grudge who may wish to damage an organisation and FBO’s must assess and reduce the risk to their business and to mitigate the consequences of an attack. This can be done through the application of TACCP (Threat Assessment Critical Control Point), which is integrated into the existing Food Safety Management System, supported by crisis and business continuity management to ensure product safety.

Watch Webinar Recording >>
Download Presentation Slides >>

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Thanks Ruth for your enlightening presentation on this emerging topic.  I have posted the comments and questions below. :clap:

• Has food terrorism been recorded anywhere on the globe?
  • Could the package of food be a point of bioterorism?
  • Is food defence / bio terrorism plan a requirement of brc / ifs standards?
  • Just an idea came into my mind. By Training the staff about food defence? Should I be worried about “giving them ideas” for the tough moments between management and  staff? Anyone else has come out with this idea before? Thanks
  • Do you recommend using PAS 96 as a framework for managing Food Defence?
  • Do we have to include the suppliers in the TACCP?
  • What are the main ingredients/things which could be used for food terrorism? some examples & how we can defence from them?
  • Thank you so much
  • I am listening it , it is very good. I am thankful to all your team & experts. God Bless you...
  • To answer Lassi Eronen's question on the lead on food fraud, the Elliot Report issued this week, recommended a Food Crime Unit within the Food Standards Agency.
  • That was very useful Ruth...thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces