What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food safety issues in cold storage

Started by , Aug 01 2014 07:38 AM
1 Reply

hi all,

i am satya sampan from india. i am a starter in learning about food safeety.i was appointed as an incharge of food safety in our cold storage and warehouse(not in production wing). we usually store chillies in our warehouses.I would like to know the major and minor issues in handling ,stacking, maintaining chillies in a cold storages. even infromation about premises hygiene, pest control in cold storage premises helps me a lot.  Please give me the information about this. thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes
[Ad]

Here are some typical expectations from the BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution:

A description of the types of products stored or distributed and any particular specified storage or handling conditions for example temperature control, fragility, maximum stacking height, propensity to water damage, conditions of light.

Product safety prerequisites or handling requirements shall include, but not be limited to:
· condition and maintenance of buildings, equipment and transport vehicles as appropriate
· documented practices for the safe handling, storage and transport of products
· procedures for handling damages, waste product and returns
· pest control procedures
· sanitation procedures (cleaning and disinfection)
· maintenance of the cold chain
· personal hygiene
· training

Consideration to the following types of hazard:
· microbiological growth resulting from temperature abuse of products that require temperature control
· physical contamination (e.g. glass contamination from broken lights, wood splinters from pallets, dust, splashing during transfer, pests)
· chemical contamination (e.g. product tainting, spillage, cleaning chemicals)
· physical damage (e.g. breakage, puncturing of packaging, water damage)
· allergenic materials – (e.g. cross contamination of loose product or outer packaging by allergenic products

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace?