What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Where to store Cloth Gloves during breaks?

Started by , Aug 05 2014 06:45 PM
5 Replies

Cloth gloves are used in the facility, the employee picks up  a new glove each day, uses it for the day and at the end of their shift places it in a container.  The used gloves are laundered daily.

the issue is where to store the gloves while on breaks or lunch.   Any ideas?   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Gloves Versus Handwashing Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Control of nitrile gloves Wearing gloves while palletizing
[Ad]

If I could ask a couple of questions: What kind of food ingredients do your people work with?  Are you using cloth for temperature protection? 

Curious...

the cloth gloves are used for harvesting greenhouse vegetables.   The disposal gloves get hot and these gloves are thin and more comfortable to use. 

Is the cleanliness of the gloves a priority?

If this is for farm fresh vegetables, I would imagine they go through several steps and at least one cleaning to process or are washed prior to cooking. I would think they could leave the gloves with them to lunch but not take them to the rest rooms. As long as they are not touching the ground, fertilizer, or the floor, but this IS NOT my area, so I amy be missing a key component.

I would agree with Setanta. 

Are you using the CanadaGap food safety model?  We are a farm as well as a packing plant we mainly use rubber gloves here. We have attached binder clips to the wall of the work area that the employees hang their gloves in or are placed in their lockers during break times. I would agree with Setanta that as long as they are not on the floor, touching dirt or fertilizer directly and not being taken into washrooms that is probably sufficient to satisfy an auditor.    

Similar Discussion Topics
Gloves Versus Handwashing Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Control of nitrile gloves Wearing gloves while palletizing Time and Temperature Limits in a Grocery Store with Hot Foods Food Distribution and Storage Company - We want to store and sell pet food and accessories Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food? BRC Approved Gloves Bakery oven gloves documentation