What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Phrasing on Internal audits?

Started by , Aug 07 2014 06:42 PM
6 Replies

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone out there creating internal audit forms for their company pulls questions directly from the standard? I change the wording only minimally so that it makes sense out of the context of the standard, but often i leave the phrasing of the major points untouched. (We are under BRC - there aren't very many ways I've found to paraphrase some points without losing a specific, or the intent.)

Is this a plagiarizing issue?? I am still pretty new to food safety, so kind rely heavily on what the books tell me. and I haven't seen a ton of other internal audit forms.

Thanks for the help!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone out there creating internal audit forms for their company pulls questions directly from the standard? I change the wording only minimally so that it makes sense out of the context of the standard, but often i leave the phrasing of the major points untouched. (We are under BRC - there aren't very many ways I've found to paraphrase some points without losing a specific, or the intent.)

Is this a plagiarizing issue?? I am still pretty new to food safety, so kind rely heavily on what the books tell me. and I haven't seen a ton of other internal audit forms.

Thanks for the help!!

From what I've seen (*disclaimer - not too much) auditors love exact phrasing.  I've never run across a plagiarism issue.

I generally tend to edit my internal audits pretty frequently to reflect issues on the floor (if we have a several instances of items uncovered, I put it on the audit until it is addressed / ingrained in culture).

I am audited to several different standards, so I have to rephrase occasionally to meet both standards, or choose the standard with the stricter requirement.

1 Thank

I am with Magenta - I lift phrases directly from standards (Customer, BRC/SQF and regulatory) and rephrase where necessary to cover all the standards. I audit to the highests requirement from all the standards.

Some auditors (particularly CFIA meat inspectors) require the exact wording in policies/procedures/documents.

Also I am sometimes rather lazy so it is much easier to copy and paste into a document than to spend the time actually typing in my own words  :roflmao:

S

1 Thank

I am with Magenta - I lift phrases directly from standards (Customer, BRC/SQF and regulatory) and rephrase where necessary to cover all the standards. I audit to the highests requirement from all the standards.

Some auditors (particularly CFIA meat inspectors) require the exact wording in policies/procedures/documents.

Also I am sometimes rather lazy so it is much easier to copy and paste into a document than to spend the time actually typing in my own words  :roflmao:

S

This is perfect, exactly what I needed to hear ladies, thanks!!

I have actually seen an auditor (who I thought was unreasonable) react negatively to the use of synonyms. 

I agree with magenta and Spurs Girl, in this case I usually use the exact wording. 

1 Thank

Dear it rains inside,

i wouldn't know if it's relevant to OP but you might note that the so-called "self assessment" form freely offered by BRC is ,IIRC, specifically stated to be not acceptable for BRC  purposes as an internal audit form.

(Presumably you just change it around a bit / retitle  :smile: )

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Thanks to all! Exactly what i needed to know!

Similar Discussion Topics