What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Compressed air - which micro-organisms to test

Started by , Aug 09 2014 11:54 AM
2 Replies

Dear Members,

I would like to know what micro-organisms are to be tested for in compressed air monitoring task as specified twice annually.

Regards,

Agwanda

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Compressed air testing needed? What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Compressed Air - Micro parameters
[Ad]

As a rule of thumb to validate your control measure you should test for your hazards (i.e. enterobacteria, coliforms, E. coli, Salmonella)

If you want to validate/calibrate the filter then you can test for microbe size (you can try pseudomonas diminuta).

Easier way, try total counts first, if you get something then characterize the colonies further into groups, species and maybe strains.

Dear Members,

I would like to know what micro-organisms are to be tested for in compressed air monitoring task as specified twice annually.

Regards,

Agwanda

Dear agwanda,

Not much detail in yr OP so the following is basically general information.

This post/thread and the sub-links within probably summarise most recent discussions here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...all/#entry71698

(Particularly 3rd sub-link, post #18. Although a look around the forum will show that SQF audits have used various values for plate count limits acceptably, ie no standard reference)

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Compressed air testing needed? What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Compressed Air - Micro parameters Compressed air nonconformance for no records What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? Is it ok to use unfiltered Compressed Air for pre-cleaning?