What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Who to contact for product recall on exports to the USA from Canada?

Started by , Sep 10 2014 12:09 AM
4 Replies

Hello dear all,

Could anyone please explain to me what has to be done in the case of product recall that was exported to the USA from Canada. Who should be contacted at the first CFIA or FDA? or Do I need to include FDA contact in my recall procedure.

Thank you.

SuperP

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Food contact surfaces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?
[Ad]

when you have a recall contact CFIA first, they will have a recall co-ordinator by area
here is the link directly to the contact list: http://www.inspectio...0/1300378289195

I contacted our recall coordinator by area and she agreed, cfia should be contacted first and they can assist. Also contact your Certifying body, their good name is at stake as well so they are #2 to contact... but its not a bad Idea to have fda's number somewhere handy.
toodles

when you have a recall contact CFIA first, they will have a recall co-ordinator by area
here is the link directly to the contact list: http://www.inspectio...0/1300378289195

I contacted our recall coordinator by area and she agreed, cfia should be contacted first and they can assist. Also contact your Certifying body, their good name is at stake as well so they are #2 to contact... but its not a bad Idea to have fda's number somewhere handy.
toodles

Thanks Myusername! I already have CFIA contact list, CB and SQF in my recall procedure. My question is: Is it required from us to contact FDA directly in the case of recall? I can not find clear information about that.

Thank you.

SuperP

Hi

As the other poster indicated you do not need to contact the FDA directly. For products manufactured in Canada and exported to the USA the process for recall is to contact the CFIA who would then co-ordinate with the FDA office who then may or may not contact you directly.

S

Thanks spursgirl, this is what I should have said

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Food contact surfaces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Quaker Recall Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test?