What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Facility Designer from California

Started by , Sep 11 2014 05:48 PM
1 Reply

Hello, I'm Kate, a designer with an architecture firm in Southern California. We specialize in food facilities, cold storage and processing. I stumbled across this forum trying to figure out USDA/SQF drainage requirements, and I'm hoping it can be a good resource for all the questions that frequently pop-up on how to design or retrofit buildings for food safety.

As a place to start, I'd really appreciate any suggestions for guidelines/manuals/codes to read that govern building design for food facilities. I'm familiar with the Calfornia Health Code, and I'm now looking at the SQF code. I've looked for information on USDA regulations, but they don't seem to publish anything comprehensive. What else can I be reading to improve my knowledge of food safety in the US?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Welcome Kate!

You opinon here is valuable - in every factory I've worked at, there comes an expansion time, and then we have to call in experts like you.

Here's some light reading for starters-

http://www.fda.gov/F...e/ucm188092.htm

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces