What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any paint that is peeling/chipping resistant or food safety acceptable

Started by , Sep 11 2014 05:49 PM
4 Replies

we received a question from a client that wants to paint their cement floor.  is there any paint that is peeling/chipping resistant or food safety acceptable?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Chipping/ peling paint isn't acceptable.  I've used sealed epoxies before for the perimeter line - it works fairly well

If you are putting the floor in, you can get colored concrete, which looks very nice.

If you need to paint lines on the floor etc, you can, but you will need to maintain them, which means repainting.  A lot.  Every 6 months or so for most stuff and 3 months for high traffic.

Down with paint!  It should all be stainless steel!

I am again asking for any input - we need to get back to a client of ours ....is there any floor paint that someone could recommend that is chipping/peeling resistant?  I found an epoxy floor paint that is guaranteed to bond with the cement and should last at least 20 years.  I could really use some suggestions here.

Thank you

I have checked with our maintenance manager and he doesn't remember the name of the original flooring, but we patch it with something called Tru Bond http://www.truebond.com/

The appearance and condition has satisfied our USDA inspectors and SQF auditors

Ekiltau.  Please stop creating new topics with the same question (3rd one).

You have one topic open and I have merged your latest topic with this one.

Please add any further comments to this one only.

You can of course ask a new question on a different topic at any time.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces