What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC for Packaging- 5.4.4 Frequency of checks

Started by , Sep 25 2014 01:34 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,

This particular area has my head spinning.  The standard states: Frequency of checks shall be in accordance with industry-accepted practice or customer requirements and based on risk analysis.

We print labels for food packaging and the occasional food contact packaging, I can not find any information on what is considered industry-accepted practice, and our customers do not have requirements for frequency of quality checks.

Would it be sufficient if I was to conduct a 'generic' risk assessment for this sub-section.  We already have procedures in place (which have been in place for years) for frequency of quality checks during a print run and they have been effective, although I have no documentation as to how we came up with the frequency we currently use and I know BRC loves documentation on EVERYTHING.  

Any suggestions??

Craig

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging
[Ad]

Dear craiglbc,

One generic solution is under the 3rd "quote"  / first 2 links of this recent post - 

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-3#entry78108

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - a small amount of creative thought is required but should not be overly difficult.

IMO the repetitive appearance of this RA inserted phrase has simply become a routine a** cover these days with no particular intended objective. Hopefully auditors will agree appropriately.. :smile:

1 Like

This 100% answered my question, thank you!!!

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example Packaging manufacturing and tape.