What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Shelf life analysis of confectionery products

Started by , Oct 01 2014 08:11 AM
2 Replies

Hi everybody.

It is the first time, I have written here. My english is not so good, so If I can not express myself, sorry for that.

I have a question and if you can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I make shelf life analysis of confectionery products, and use climate cabin at 30 C.

But I want to shorten period of shelf life test. So could i increase temperature into climate cabin?

Do you know how many degrees of confectinery productscan actually melt? Especially Marshmallows.

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life
[Ad]

The melting point of a marshmallow is 45 degrees Celsius. Marshmallows melt at such a low heat as they are mainly sugar and not very dense. But chocolate melts at around 34 degrees Celsius. I would probably keep it lower than 34.

1 Thank

Hi

My experience with bakery or confectionary products - sometimes rather complex - are not as good as in other areas (biotechnology, active ingredients in pharmaceuticals).

Arrhenius should be applicable - i.e. reaction kinetics should be pseudo first order, i.e dependent on one parameter e.g. temperature only.

Analytic should be sensitive - e.g. measurement of concentrations etc. Sensoric scaling is rough and therefor extrapolation is not really possible. Temperature steps - the large the difference the better. But in many case it is not possible (melting points of products or glass point of packaging).

Until now we do shelf life test for 2/3 of the proposed shelf life to set it for the first production. Shelf life test will run for the next 1/3 and additional 1/3 on top. Shelf life will be adopted acc to results.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life Shelf life of vacuumed rainbow trout fillets Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life Shelf life issue fresh fish Shelf Life Standards Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat