What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Removal Validation Mustard

Started by , Oct 15 2014 01:04 PM
6 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to validate the removal of mustard as an allergen after sanitizing?  The only thing I have found is Neogen Reveal 3-D Allergen test kits for mustard.  I was wondering if that is the only option or are there other was to validate removal?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

yes that would be the best. Or you can use the 3M™ Clean-Trace™ Surface Protein Plus-  which tests for protein  not the actual mustard - downside is it takes 10minutes plus to complete

1 Like

yes that would be the best. Or you can use the 3M™ Clean-Trace™ Surface Protein Plus-  which tests for protein  not the actual mustard - downside is it takes 10minutes plus to complete

I agree with Dr Vu. 3M™ Clean-Trace™ Surface Protein Plus would work if you're not required to validate specifically against mustard. So I see it as two downsides. It takes 10minutes and it doesn't isolate the protein for mustard.

Your best bet is to send out your 3-D Allergen test kits for mustard http://www.neogen.co...S_FA_Index.html and send to FARRP (Food Allergy Research & Resource Program) which is based in University of Nebraska Lincoln http://farrp.unl.edu...analysisoptions. Mustard - ELISA* $80.00. They're a reputable establishment and are known for their validation. I have used them before as well. I would contact them to get more direction as to how many swabs are needed a control positive a control negative, rinse water etc.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know of a way to validate the removal of mustard as an allergen after sanitizing?  The only thing I have found is Neogen Reveal 3-D Allergen test kits for mustard.  I was wondering if that is the only option or are there other was to validate removal?

I suggest that the first requirement is to decide what is the criterion to define/validate "removal".

i seem to remember that Some standards (implicitly) accept "no detection by XYZ Product", and maybe some  ++.

So who is the validation for ?

Rgds / Charles.C

The Validation that we wrote for Allergen Clean (Mustard) was first swab AGRASTRIP on lightly rinsed equipment and show a Positive, then full sanitation minus the sanitizing and swab with ATP/Protein and AGRASTRIP with a Negative result for Protein and Agrastrip Allergen. Then a communication to Sanitation. We used 5 Strategic sites with different surface material and test annually 3 times.

The other downside is minimum detection level of these is 50µg.  They do have a "surface protein (allergen) system but they're more expensive and requires a heating block.  It minimum detection is 3µg.  In my view, if you were to use these for validation, more documentation on the limitations of these tests should be acquired.

Does anyone have an allergen testing sOP for post clean.  We are

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks