What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Based Quality Review

Started by , Oct 16 2014 09:05 PM
5 Replies

Hello Friends!

I had an auditor (customer audit) ask that we do a Quality sytem analysis like you would do HACCP.  Analize all processes from ingredient approval through finished product but look for anything that could affect quality rather than food safety.  Are any of you familiar with this?  If so, could you share some examples?  I think the concept is great, just need some ideas to get started.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout
[Ad]

This is very much what SQF Level 3 asks for...read this post it may help you

http://www.ifsqn.com...d-quality-plan/

and this one

http://www.ifsqn.com...rd-terminology/

1 Like1 Thank

Hello Friends!

I had an auditor (customer audit) ask that we do a Quality sytem analysis like you would do HACCP.  Analize all processes from ingredient approval through finished product but look for anything that could affect quality rather than food safety.  Are any of you familiar with this?  If so, could you share some examples?  I think the concept is great, just need some ideas to get started.

Thanks!

= SQF Level3 Standard / Guidance

= Woolworth (Australia) Standard

= A perversion of Safety HACCP

It means you carry out a process haccp analysis like Codex/Safety but evaluate with respect to Quality "Hazards" to locate QCCPs etc.

There should be some examples under the first 2 topics above.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS- Pre-empted by RG3 :smile:

Many thanks to all.  As usual you have been a great help! 

I work for a plant that does film packaging for food products.  We received SQF Level 2 certification earlier this year.  We are now pursuing SQF Level 3 certification.

Level 3 adds quality management as well as food safety.  SQF requires that you do a HACCP analysis for quality similar to what is done for food safety.

We are looking at three areas:  quality risks of incoming materials and services, quality risks during our processes, and any other general quality risks that may occur such as dusty roads blowing dust into your plant.

The quality risk analysis is similar to food safety:  what is the item, what is the frequency of the risk and severity of the risk (multiply the numbers to get hazard rating), what quality controls are in place based on the hazard rating, do they adequately control the hazard (if not, upgrade the control), and is the control a critical quality control point (last place where you can catch the quality problem).

:off_topic: Semantics debate - the OP's question was already answered, so I don't feel too awful  veering ..

= Quality "Hazards" to locate QCCPs etc.

There should be some examples under the first 2 topics above.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS- Pre-empted by RG3 :smile:

QCCPS? !

QCPs. 

Seriously, though, do you call them QCCPs?  I have a customer I'm working with who calls them that and I couldn't figure out where the terminology came from because I've only ever seen QCPs. 

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry