What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Science Certificate

Started by , Oct 22 2014 10:00 PM
1 Reply

I'm interested in getting  Food Science Certification from WSU, its a 2 yr program and seems pretty robust. I moved from Biotech to the food industry and I don't have a food background. I recently got HACCP certified but would like to up my career opportunities. Would just a Food Science Certification and 10 yrs Biotech + HACCP create a viable resume to move forward in the industry?

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I was in biotech and moved to Food science too..  and my biotech came in handy in terms of verification/ validation especially where micros are an issue/  or are a factor . The 2 year certification is in the right direction but you may want to also consider emerging items like SQF/BRC etc.

Since you are in North America- I would also advise you to extend your outlook to other adjacent careers like Health and safety and environmental  as most companies seem to want an integrated approach .                                          

I hope that helps

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces