What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product design & development plan BRC 5.1

Started by , Oct 25 2014 06:12 AM
3 Replies
Hello all
I need to write product design & development procedure for our seafood product but I would like to know what appropriate for design & development stage or step, how I should write?
Please recommend me or give some sample or template of it.
Thank you so much.
Jugkarin
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) RTE product, Caviar Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces
[Ad]

Hello all
I need to write product design & development procedure for our seafood product but I would like to know what appropriate for design & development stage or step, how I should write?
Please recommend me or give some sample or template of it.
Thank you so much.
Jugkarin

Dear Jugkarin,

This looks like a question of Book size scope. :smile:

A generic answer from a quality POV might be to look at one of the iso9000 standards.

A more specific query may get  more  useful responses, eg product / process ? ( "seafood" is a rather large range)

Or perhaps you are seeking Book recommendations ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Charles.C Thank you for your advised. the exactly I need is design & development schedule/step for this procedure to comply with BRC 5.1 clause. Our plant is seafood producer, normally we do not have new product, mostly we develop new product from customer's sample, such as new breaded shrimp item that they will gave product receipt/formula to us. can you guide me? Best Regards, Jugkarin

You need to formulate a procedure from what you already do which includes HACCP, Hazard analysis, packaging trials, shelf life trials etc... Do you have someone within the Company who is responsible for the development of new products? 

I have clients who develop on site and some who out source, either way there has to be a written procedure  outlining what you do, when you do it and who is responsible.

There isn't a generic document that will cover all I'm afraid. but I have heard of a system called gateways or something ( not my area I'm afraid). If you look up New product development you'll get templates, then choose the one that suits your situation best.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) RTE product, Caviar Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling