What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

For FDA Submission Lethal F0 Value how to calculate

Started by , Oct 27 2014 07:19 AM
3 Replies

Sir,

I would like to file the pickle for FDA registration.When i done this by electronic access they are asking the F0 Value.The Indian Pickle pH is below 4.5.and the temparature is 100 degree celcious. the time taken for room temperature to 100 degree is 8 minutes.Using this information how can i calculate the F0 value.

Waiting For your valuable Reply and Kind consideration

Thanks & Regards

ANEESH

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to calculate the juice content from formula? Does anyone know how to calculate the pH of the food? Help to calculate thickness of coating layer How to calculate MAV weight? Calculate Volume from Weight on Product with Varying Density
[Ad]

Sir,

I would like to file the pickle for FDA registration.When i done this by electronic access they are asking the F0 Value.The Indian Pickle pH is below 4.5.and the temparature is 100 degree celcious. the time taken for room temperature to 100 degree is 8 minutes.Using this information how can i calculate the F0 value.

Waiting For your valuable Reply and Kind consideration

Thanks & Regards

ANEESH

There is a nice (free) online calculator here (they do ask for a  voluntary donation towards running costs)

If you are planning on running a fair bit of data... I would recommend paying the £40 to download the excel version-plus all of the supporting information

Mike

1 Like

There is a nice (free) online calculator here (they do ask for a  voluntary donation towards running costs)

If you are planning on running a fair bit of data... I would recommend paying the £40 to download the excel version-plus all of the supporting information

Mike

Dear ima,

Please avoid double posts for which you have never  answered.

http://www.ifsqn.com...lue/#entry79522

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi.  You omit to say how long the pickles are kept at 100 deg C.  This hold time (and cooling to an extent) is important to know.

In any case, if your processing temp is only 100 deg C, you are unlikely to have much in the way of Fo generation, as temps in the region of 120 deg C minimum are typically used.

Sounds to me like you are more in a pasteurisation style process.

regards

Similar Discussion Topics
How to calculate the juice content from formula? Does anyone know how to calculate the pH of the food? Help to calculate thickness of coating layer How to calculate MAV weight? Calculate Volume from Weight on Product with Varying Density Unannounced Audit's NC submission falling in the Christmas holiday period How to calculate least sterilization value for acidified product? How to calculate the volume of canned whole peel tomatoes How to calculate juice content for puree How to calculate the fruit juice content of a fruit juice drink?