What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Arsenic and Fluoride in drinking water

Started by , Oct 31 2014 03:20 PM
3 Replies

Dear All,

I am sorry to share this but it will be very interesting topic and I really need to know as we are facing of arsenic problem here. My question is that " How can we remove Arsenic and fluoride from water? What type of treatment should we have to follow? can Activated carbon remove it during water treatment process? I am using domestic water purifier (Brand: Pureit ) but I am not sure whether it actually remove Arsenic and fluoride. Your inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allowable limit of arsenic in sunflower lecithin Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic Maximum level in food Arsenic in Food Regulations Inorganic & Organic Arsenic Heavy Metal Testing
[Ad]

I have no experience of this myself...... but there is a fairly comprehensive document listing arsenic removal technologies(as of 2000 at least) attached or (apparently) you could use old cigarette butts!

Mike

Attached Files

1 Thank

Thank you mike green

Other than activated charcoal or other type of filters, I think common household products use some sort of distillation.  Your filter system should list what it can and cannot remove and to what level.  Distillation involves evaporating the water where the vapor should be relatively pure and then condenses as distilled water.  Probably your best bet is to do some research on the internet.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allowable limit of arsenic in sunflower lecithin Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic Maximum level in food Arsenic in Food Regulations Inorganic & Organic Arsenic Heavy Metal Testing