Started by , Nov 06 2014 02:14 PM
3 Replies

http://www.food.gov....search/fs241038

Makes very interesting reading.

Caz x

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin?
[Ad]

the most surprising bit for me was......

The percentage of samples in which no allergen was detected but carried an advisory label were as follows: gluten - 19% (97/509); milk - 18% (77/435); hazelnut - 44% (427/959); and peanut - 45% (430/948).

I thought it would be way.... way more than that......! lol

(sample size was pretty small though!)

Mike

Yes I thought so too! And diversity of the samples wasn't very inspiring neither.

Caz x

diversity of the samples wasn't very inspiring neither.

very true... but in a world where 'the headline is king' it allowed them to say.......

Undeclared allergen cross-contamination in the UK is lower than previously found in studies in other countries, notably Ireland and the USA.

(even though in the narrative....  they, themselves suggest that it's probably bo***cks!)

Mike

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen