What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it a requirement to display certificates?

Started by , Nov 13 2014 01:20 PM
6 Replies

We are BRC certified. Our office has just gone thru a renovation at which time our "Letter of Commitment" our " IPM certificate" and our "BRC certificate" were taken down. Now that the renovations are completed, the owner does not want anything back on the walls. I mentioned that these items are required to be displayed but he is adamant about nothing going on the new walls.

Does anyone know if these certificates/letters can be displayed somewhere other than your front office reception area? I was under the assumption that they are to be displayed.

Thanks!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases
[Ad]

The only things I know of that are 'required' to be on display in Canada are any Federal Government issued registration certificates.  (Dairy, Processed Products, Meat)  I have not dealt Provincial so I don't know what their requirements are.

I do not believe BRC requires their certificate to be on display in the front office.  Put it up in your office you earned it!

1 Like

Not sure about Canadian requirements but what about an easel and a framed poster with the documentation and images of your product? This could just stand in a corner as advertise your product as well as your commitment and BRC certificate.

As far as I know it isn't required to be displayed, but your Food Safety Policy is....

Hello, Anita:

its all depends on your policy and the documented procedure, and communication, but it is not mentioned in the standards to display, as long as you have it on file and can produce it to the Auditor , for the next surveillance audit or for any recertification.

Well, they look nice, and they're there to tell visitors how awesome and clean and legal your food is.   Maybe put them in a frame and stick them on a shelf? 

It is not mandatory to display the certificates but they can be displayed to impress your visitors and to show your company's commitment.

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Requirement of Traded Goods-BRCGS Issue 9 Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Toilet Requirement per number of employees Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Do we need to have a sink in the lunch trailer or is the re-entry handwashing requirement sufficient? BRCGS Issue 9 Requirement: 4.9.6.3 - Other Foreign-Body Contaminants Suggestions for the implementation of new additional requirement in FSSC 22000 V6