What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

German vs European Regulations on Food Additives

Started by , Dec 04 2014 09:25 AM
4 Replies

Good morning all,

With the hope of finding somebody from Germany I would like to make a question at this forum if you allowed me to do so.

I was told that the following food additives are not allowed in Germany: acesulfame K, sorbitol and propilenglicol. Being aware that the national legislation can be more restrictive than the European regulation I would like to know if this is true? I would really appreciate any help.

Best regards
Esther

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
US Nutrition facts Label needed for German Baked Goods Label translation service to German and France German legislation concerning parasites in fish German Company bans whingeing German & Polish Hygiene Training Materials
[Ad]

Good morning all,

With the hope of finding somebody from Germany I would like to make a question at this forum if you allowed me to do so.

I was told that the following food additives are not allowed in Germany: acesulfame K, sorbitol and propilenglicol. Being aware that the national legislation can be more restrictive than the European regulation I would like to know if this is true? I would really appreciate any help.

Best regards
Esther

Dear Esther,

Good to hear from you again.

As you obviously know, the only guaranteed answer will probably require a native  reply.

Unfortunately Germanic input here seems quite rare lately but maybe some lurker will spot yr post and donate info. Here's hoping.

Happy Xmas/New Year

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Charles

Thank you so much for your kind answer.

I am aware that the answer better to come from a native person.

As you said, let us wait. I will keep mu fingers crossed.

It has been a pleasure to hear from you. Congratulations for the good work you all are doing.

Happy New Year 2015.

Regards

Esther

Dear Esther,

in principle Germany has to follow EC 1333/2008.

With respect to the examples given there are some restrictings depending on product groups. The examples you have mentioned do not have a quantum satis permission for all products. What are your products of interest?

There might be a difference in interpretation and especially in execution of law in single EC countries. Perhaps there is a question of carry over e.g. with propylen glycol.

Rgds

moskito

1 Like

Dear Moskito

Thanks for your king reply.

The problem comes from my client. I think he has been given an incomplete information but I am not 100% sure that is why I am taken this research.

The product of concern is a chocolate-based product. They can not use those additeves on their products because such products are not  energy-reduced or with no added sugar. 

However I want to make sure that there is not restriction at all in Germany about thsoe additives beyond the european legislation.

As you are writting from Germany I wonder if you have any news about acesulfame K, sorbitol and propilenglicol to be banned in Germany for general use in food? 

Thanks in advance.  Best regards

Similar Discussion Topics
US Nutrition facts Label needed for German Baked Goods Label translation service to German and France German legislation concerning parasites in fish German Company bans whingeing German & Polish Hygiene Training Materials German safety seminar