What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Found an error in FSEP form 10 – do I need to resubmit?

Started by , Dec 05 2014 06:02 PM
3 Replies

I have found an error in my FORM 10 (CCP and PC) that has been approved by CFIA ( i didn't prepare the form). Do I need to resubmit or is recording the change in my log book of changes sufficient?

The error is that we will keep the packaging room at 4 degrees C which is crazy cold when I don't believe there is a requirement to do so. I should add that my operational and pre op check state that the packaging room only needs to be at 10 degrees C

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
(11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration Glad to Have Found a great place to discuss Food Safety Jelly like substance is found in milk bactoclarifier Nestlé Toll House cookie dough recalled nationwide due to rubber pieces found in dough Moulds found in Glass Bottles
[Ad]

No no need to resubmit, just make the changes you need to and document them in your log book.

Current regulations do not specify a temperature for processing areas.

Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990 Requirements:

2. (1) In these Regulations,

"process" means, in respect of a meat product, to substantially change the appearance or nature of a meat product, and includes to debone, slice, comminute, thermally process, preserve, dehydrate, ferment, render, fractionate, defibrinate or add thereto an ingredient other than a meat product permitted to be added by these Regulations, but does not include to dress, trim, refrigerate, freeze or defrost; (transformer)

36. The temperature in a room or area of a registered establishment where a meat product is processed, packaged, labelled or handled shall be appropriate to ensure the preservation of a meat product.

Sandi

1 Like

Dear scampi,

4 degC has an obvious justification.

From memory significant changes to critical limits in an "approved"  haccp plan typically demand a documented revalidation.

I suggest you prepare the latter in advance of the "to be eventually revealed" (Surprise !!) 10degC.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - I should also make very sure that there are no caveats in the small print regarding such changes in an approved haccp plan.

Thanks to you both. One inspector had confirmed that the regulation will be changing (change has been approved, just not rolled out) whereby the packaging room will no longer have a temperature requirement, which will make it more comfortable for me to just change it and post in my change log.

Similar Discussion Topics
(11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration Glad to Have Found a great place to discuss Food Safety Jelly like substance is found in milk bactoclarifier Nestlé Toll House cookie dough recalled nationwide due to rubber pieces found in dough Moulds found in Glass Bottles Need help on RCA-CAPA on Bone found in Minced formed burger patty? Ant found in product - customer complaint to FDA Glass found in raw material...unsure whether to recall previously packed product Dark dots found on our product during the visual inspection process Bug found in 50lb bag of rice...does rinsing and cooking make the rice edible?