What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU rule on representation of E.U approval number on labels

Started by , Dec 09 2014 08:34 AM
5 Replies
Hi all, Could anyone please help me with the EU regulation that says the EU approval number should be presented in a circle in the labels? Is it mandatory to show it in a circle? Please help me... Kind regards, KPS.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Help with incorrect labels Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance
[Ad]

Hi all, Could anyone please help me with the EU regulation that says the EU approval number should be presented in a circle in the labels? Is it mandatory to show it in a circle? Please help me... Kind regards, KPS.

Dear KPS,

It might help if you mentioned which reg. refers to a "circle" ?

Rgds / Charles.C

EU approval Numbers must be correctly represented in an oval when applied in the EU. EU regulations must be adhered to by a third country importing. Maybe the summary page attached will be of help.

http://europa.eu/leg...e/f84002_en.htm

2 Likes2 Thanks

Dear KPS,

Based on previous post, the answer to yr OP seems to be No, eg (Wiki)  -

An oval (from Latin ovum, "egg") is a closed curve in a plane which "loosely" resembles the outline of an egg. The term is not very specific, but in some areas (projective geometry, technical drawing, etc.) it is given a more precise definition, which may include either one or two axes of symmetry. In common English, the term is used in a broader sense: any shape which reminds one of an egg.

However do note the caveat at top of linked page -

This page is no longer updated. The summaries are now available on the EUR-Lex website

Rgds Charles.C

Hi,

this sign is unique for any establishment introducing certain animal food in the the EC market.

http://ec.europa.eu/...nts/list_en.htm

You have to fulfill special requirements (see att). If you are from outside the EC you have to have an importer having all informations necessary for the particular food.

Rgds

moskito

Attached Files

Oh dear! Charles hasn't changed a bit anyway! An ellipse, maybe!

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Help with incorrect labels Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance Outer Case Labels - Australia Supplier Approval Does a raw concentrate juice supplier from Hawaii need an FDA registration number? Supplier Approval Program for Seafood