What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk Assessments for BRC Food Packaging

Started by , Dec 17 2014 05:43 PM
3 Replies

I need clarification on BRC's requirements for risk assessment. As I read through the BRC Global Standards for Packaging: Interpretation Guidelines, risk assessment comes up a lot. Are they specifically looking for a risk assessment study for everything from risk of suppliers to hazards? Please assist with an example risk assessment.

B

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

You could use ISO 31000 Risk Management: Principles and Guidelines as a starting point for your risk analysis.  

I need clarification on BRC's requirements for risk assessment. As I read through the BRC Global Standards for Packaging: Interpretation Guidelines, risk assessment comes up a lot. Are they specifically looking for a risk assessment study for everything from risk of suppliers to hazards? Please assist with an example risk assessment.

B

Dear byang01,

BRC simply relish risk assessments (RA). One reason is that in UK the system is theoretically usable to legally support a due diligence defence.

I am only familiar with food but you may well find the degree of detail required for a RA varies with the specific topic. Maybe select one (clause) for a starter ? You may also find some examples here already ?

Or maybe anyone willing to donate, (or search  :smile:) 

Rgds / Charles.C

The BRC/IoP packaging standard requires the use of risk assessment or Hazard & Risk Management (HARM) as the discussions with users is the packaging companies do not do HACCP.  As the standard is used by both food and non-food packaging suppliers the compromise is risk assessment. Following standard Codex HACCP is also acceptable.  You could also use anything based on HACCP oor FMEA. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment