What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Really, you missed a whole room?! REALLY

Started by , Dec 18 2014 01:36 PM
8 Replies

So i come in this morning to do my pre op and find, wait for it.................................the sanitation crew missed AN ENTIRE ROOM!!!!! ARGH. How is it possible to miss a whole room, the packaging room no less, the one in the whole building that is supposed to be my CLEAN ROOM.

Now, these are new employees, but this is week 4 for crying out loud. I do have company's lined up to sub out the work, but being as its Christmas time, no one can come until January.

Anyone else have a similar nightmare?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization
[Ad]

WOW. Is this a company or a small business? 

I would think they would still be on the hook for cleaning it or making it right.  You have a contract, correct? Listing what, when and how things should be cleaned?  I would not let myself be scrambling for a sanitation crew when they messed up so mightly!! :thumbdown:

GOOD LUCK 

MM yes I can understand how that can happen. Hell I've been known to lose WHOLE DAYS!!!! :giggle:

I hope they didn't sign the cleaning schedule to say it had been done!

Caz x

We are a smallish business, employee about 30 people total, BUT we process about 10000 birds a day......we will soon be switching to a contract company,,,,,,so not worth the headache

"I hope they didn't sign the cleaning schedule to say it had been done!"

If they're smart, no - it will be, I thought so-and-so did it.  In my house, A. doesn't happen, B. supervisor and his group comes back in to fix what they screw up C. because of B, C is rare.  Sanitation, of all groups, must have accountability - and recognition when they excel

At the yogurt plant they were supposed to clean up any yogurt they spilled or dripped on the floor at the end of the day.  One day I walked in and was told by someone in packing that the crew, when they shut down, that took the garbage to the dumpster left a yogurt trail down the hallway.  I checked and yes there was a line of yogurt that had sat out overnight.  

This was back when we only had one shift.  The next day we didn't start up right way because of some issue the batchers had with making the yogurt (it was greek not batched but whatever) and the offending people, whom had a personal relationship with the plant manager, were sitting around (they called it cleaning) in the break room.

So I rolled over to the plant managers office, being not management, and started to ream him out because his family and close friends left a yogurt trail and were now "cleaning" the break room the next day.  His response "What is the risk to the product?"

Hummm... I'm thinking PEST INFESTATION!  Why leave yogurt sitting around.  He thought I was a food safety firebrand.  I agreed.  The facts still remained that his family and friends, whom he shouldn't have hired in the first place, didn't give a crap about leaving yogurt just sitting overnight.

I was so happy when he was fired.  Now he's a quality manager at a different food manufacturing place.  Good luck to them.

At least it was just once Scampi! 

Unfortunately, this happens more than I'd like to admit. We have miles and miles of piping, and tons of new employees. Plus each line we run attaches to its own processor. So we have many occasions where supervisors are being pressed to get a line down, and start up another. When this happens (more often then not) They will pull the line staff off the line that has finished and take them to start sterilizing the next one to run, leaving the CIP for the next shift... well that CIP doesnt usually get communicated and the dirty line isnt found until an internal GMP check, or until they go to start it up and find product in the lines....  sad really. 

WOW :death:

This is why pre-ops should be done when sanitation is still there. (My old job)

I have a hard time communicating or getting my point across to sanitation when they're not there to see it first hand. I complete the pre-op report with pictures, but I like MM's method...SHAME SHAME

Sanitation is almost always....more like always the biggest nightmare, from them hosing down expensive equipment with power washers, to million other things they do, managing sanitation has almost always been my biggest nightmare. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization Door between employee entrance and processing room Lunch Room Hygiene How to control garbage in pilot scale room (R&D Department)? Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Cold room temperature monitoring