What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Now I have a problem with the color change to orange juice

Started by , Dec 19 2014 10:00 AM
5 Replies

Now I tried orange juice and found that the problem of the colour changes to orange juice is stored for a long time.The problem has two aspects.

1. Orange juice colour is weakening when contact Sunlight.

2. When stored for a long time, the colour is darker.

I used a sunset yellow in the trial.

How to resolve this problem.plaese 

Thank You 

Santichai

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? How to calculate the juice content from formula? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Fusarium Oxysporum in Pastuerised Orange Juice Reformulation change and use up of film
[Ad]

Please clarify. How long is a "long time"?

What type of colorant is this "sunset yellow" All natural? N&A? Artificial? MWNI? WONF?

At what level is the colorant being added?

At what time / temp are you processing the OJ?

Typically Natural Colors - those made from vegetable/fruit bases will weaken faster than artificial flavours, and brown faster due to the nature of the processing (being a genuinely natural ingredient) Ex. Squash based colors, look great, don't hold up very well. 

Dear Santichai

as my experience colour change caused by pH Change.. so to make it stabil you should use buffer agent. What buffer agent that you used ?

Rgds

AS Nur

I was going to suggest pH as well.  Are all of your quality parameters on your current runs the same as the trial run?

We ran into a problem like this in the yogurt plant I worked at where we made one product exceptionally well during trial and then were never able to duplicate it.  What made it worse is that, on my own, during the trials I recorded every single thing the batch operators did, in what order, for everything... except this one product.

One interesting point that I had an auditor point out to me since we always excluded R&D because we saw them as a separate entity to the plant is that R&D is not very good at traceability and keeping lot codes which in turn do not have a handle on their expiration dates. You opened the cupboards and you would find that there are an endless amount of containers with nothing written on them. To make a long story longer. If R&D says it needs a certain percentage of a certain color or certain flavor you need to make sure they're not using expired ingredients because when the time comes to get bulk fresh items you will be dealing with more potent ingredients. Hence, your live production will not come out like your plant trial.

are there any other food additives that you are using?

Similar Discussion Topics
In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? How to calculate the juice content from formula? If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Fusarium Oxysporum in Pastuerised Orange Juice Reformulation change and use up of film Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Recipes for lemonade juice and orange juice from juice concentrate Does a raw concentrate juice supplier from Hawaii need an FDA registration number? Carrot Juice Concentrate HACCP plan example HACCP with Juice CCP Matrix