What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Contact Packaging-UK-Need a Favor

Started by , Jan 06 2015 07:56 PM
8 Replies

I would appreciate seeing an example(s) of what a food contact packaging DoC for plastic and paperboard looks like for the UK.  I have read the regulations, looked at some that are similar and have designed mine to mirror that--but have a FSA representative who is driving me batty.  Blank out the name of the manufacturer if need be but I really need a sanity check.   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Please....

angel-emoticon-vector.jpg

Tomorrow I will send you something.

Thank you Simon you are an

UnsungHero.jpg

Dear Snookie,

Do you mean like the product specification for a plastic yoghurt container?.

If so, there is a Simon-provided one in the yoghurt fssc22000 thread.

From memory it includes the "complies with" various EC regs bits.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - added - sorry, actually it was the spec for the plastic Al foil  lid -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-3#entry40622

Maybe the container is also there somewhere. added - no, sadly looks like the yoghurt never had a container, only a lid. :crybaby:

1 Like1 Thank

Dear Snookie,

Do you mean like the product specification for a plastic yoghurt container?.

If so, there is a Simon-provided one in the yoghurt fssc22000 thread.

From memory it includes the "complies with" various EC regs bits.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - added - sorry, actually it was the spec for the plastic Al foil  lid -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-3#entry40622

Maybe the container is also there somewhere. added - no, sadly looks like the yoghurt never had a container, only a lid. :crybaby:

Thank you so much Charles for taking the time to look.  Fortunately Caz came to my rescue and am pleased to say I'm not crazy or at least about this. 

Dear Snookie,

I am also pleased for yr pleasure. :smile:

Just as a (self-oriented) addendum - I'm sure yr last post is not intended to cancel Simon's much anticipated "sending". Maybe, maybe, will include the missing plastic yoghurt pot ??

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - I might add that  painful experiences due requirements from EC (and non-EC) customers to comply with "Community" and/or local regulatory packaging requirements / chemical / other analyses are not rare. The root causes are often suspected as due to factors other than technical, eg similar to the legendary US-EC beef hormone dispute. :smile:

1 Thank

As mentioned in the other thread I'm totally consumed with FSF webinar prep. 

If you still need something I will look you something out when I'm done.

1 Thank

Hi Snookie

I have attached 2 documents that I hope will be helpful.

Best Regards

South Africa

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces