What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Apology to Mr I from Mr IFSQN

Started by , Jan 07 2015 09:44 PM
Previous Page 1
55 Replies

Over the last couple of day's it has become clear to me that I have made an almighty cock-up on MOTM and caused Mr I a huge injustice.

Mr I received the most reputation points in December (by a distance), but I did not award him MOTM because I (mistakenly) thought that once a member had won MOTM they could not win it again. When I checked the rules yesterday I realised I was wrong and a member can win it once per calendar year. I thought that was just an unfortunate, but simple mistake I had made.

However, (to my horror) I have now realized that MR I has NEVER won MOTM...I would have put my mortgage on that he had previously won it. To make matters worse it is likely that in previous months Mr I has scored the highest reputation points and won MOTM and I have overlooked him.

The upshot is I have dealt Mr I a real injustice and I am totally at fault and I have passed on my sincere apologies.  Thankfully Mr I has graciously accepted my apology.

For the record Mr I did not want me to publish this apology, but I want to because it is right to do so. We have some great members around here and Mr I is one of them.

To this end MR I is the first ever recipient of the annual Member of the Year award.   Apart from the title there will be some sort of badge of honour, but I’m working on that…ideas?

Regards,

Simon

4 Likes
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Am not sure the flamethrower is a good idea..... :roflmao:  :roflmao: :roflmao:   for that matter not sure its safe with RG3 either..... :rofl2:  :rofl2:  http://www.ifsqn.com...he-month/page-2

Congratulations Mr. I. 

Bow_down.gif

Oh geesh!! Now I really feel bad!!!

Hey Mr. I - I am willing to split custody of the cup if you are, lol. Maybe we could both use it at that brewery in Western NY, lol. 

Oh yeah, and congrats on being Member of the year, you totally deserve it. 

IRI

Maybe he should get the title of "The Doctor?"

Just kidding, he is well deserving of this.  But, as you say, there are a huge number of great members here, and I'm so glad I found this group.

Martha

Thank you Simon and everyone else.

I did suggest not going public with the apology mainly because Rains is a great member of our online society of quality persons and I didn't want... well like she said to feel bad (see I was doin it for you Rains!  :lol2: )  As for custody I suggest at least every other weekend  :roflmao: .  I do have my World Cup cup so we don't have to use the same one :doctor: or we could..  :whistle:  lol!!!

On a more serious side than I typically am: thank you to everyone for the help you've given me and for a place where I can help others as well.  It's a privilege to collaborate with so many people all around the world to ensure that the global food system is at least that much safer for us having worked together here.  That's the most important part of IFSQN (however the stress relief is a very close second)

:clap: To Simon and the moderators for everything they have done to keep this place going and having every update being better than the rest

:clap: To all of the people on the MotM rolls, those yet to become MotM, and all of the other contributing members for putting the time in to help everyone else as much as they can.

I believe together we make a difference.

Thank you Simon and everyone else.

I did suggest not going public with the apology mainly because Rains is a great member of our online society of quality persons and I didn't want... well like she said to feel bad (see I was doin it for you Rains!  :lol2: )  As for custody I suggest at least every other weekend  :roflmao: .  I do have my World Cup cup so we don't have to use the same one :doctor: or we could..  :whistle:  lol!!!

:giggle:  :shades:

Dear Mr Inc.

Congratulations !!

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - and no prizes for guessing who Santa is/was ?

Charles, 

That is the most epic picture of Santa Claus I have ever seen. 

Sincerely,

IRI

That was a wonderful way of handling a mistake, Simon. Simple human error and you recovered quite well. 

IRI has posted great, thoughtful posts and responses and is completely deserving of MOTM.

Mr. I continues his tradition of dispensing humor and knowledge and is awarded MOTY.

God , I really hope you don't feel bad it_rains_inside!

You've posted some wonderful insights, and your MOTM is still much deserved!

Caz x

I love Setana's suggestion - IRI MOTM, Mr I MOTY.  You're both so very special to me!  Don't make me choose!

:secret:  Magenta breathe it's going to be ok.  Nobody is making anyone choose   :lol2:

I do kind of feel bad. I felt bad before the apology notice, when Simon had mentioned that with a new calendar year, old MOTM title holders were again eligible, and maybe over looked for Jan. (Even though if you think about the logistics of it - Being named MOTM in January is really for reputations earned in the previous month, so technically it would have still been a 2014 winning? ) However, add Mr. I being overlooked and it... feels like it isn't mine. There are so many deserving people of the ever coveted IFSQN mug....

I cant handle the controversy!!!!  :shutup: AHHHH!!!!! :shutup:

I do kind of feel bad. I felt bad before the apology notice, when Simon had mentioned that with a new calendar year, old MOTM title holders were again eligible, and maybe over looked for Jan. (Even though if you think about the logistics of it - Being named MOTM in January is really for reputations earned in the previous month, so technically it would have still been a 2014 winning? ) However, add Mr. I being overlooked and it... feels like it isn't mine. There are so many deserving people of the ever coveted IFSQN mug....

I cant handle the controversy!!!!  :shutup: AHHHH!!!!! :shutup:

OK, so maybe MR I as MOTY should get something more appropriate to his personal likes and dislikes.  How about a towel with the IFSQN logo on it? 

IRI, your input is just as valued as MR I's is.  At least by me and many others here, as evidenced by the comments.  Don't feel bad, the mug is yours by right.

Martha

Humm... an IFSQN Towel... That's not a bad idea I could use it for Towel Day selfies.  

Rains don't feel bad and don't panic I'm happy you won the mug.   :biggrin:

Drink a cup of... coffee or whatever and have a good time with it  :smile:

^ What Martha said!          RELAX!   :potplant:  We like you, we really like you and you ARE worthy

https://www.youtube....h?v=lBEn3a4TIUw

:oops:  :oops:    :wub:  :wub:

I love you guys. 

GROUP HUG!!!!

:thumbup:

Humm... an IFSQN Towel... That's not a bad idea I could use it for Towel Day selfies.  

This may not be a good idea.....because he may post them.....

funny-scared-face.jpg?w=350

86fc3184abea11a5a90ca93c4c5b37dd.jpg

scared_man.jpg

shocked-mr-bean_554.jpg

This may not be a good idea.....because he may post them.....

funny-scared-face.jpg?w=350

86fc3184abea11a5a90ca93c4c5b37dd.jpg

scared_man.jpg

shocked-mr-bean_554.jpg

This is priceless!!

Martha

This is priceless!!

Martha

Thank you....I do try.......

3EE6BE8C-556C-4F9B-9D64-66903CE649CA.jpg

And a funny subject....does make it easier.  :roflmao:

:sofa1: 

I'm not sure why I like you people 

:rofl2:

:sofa1:

I'm not sure why I like you people 

:rofl2:

Ahhhh......you know why, cause we're funny, cute, a bit crazy (okay maybe more than a bit) and smart.....just like you.  :mwah:  :wub:   

AND MODEST!  Don't forget modest!

MY modesty has often been admired!     :roflmao:

AND MODEST!  Don't forget modest!

MY modesty has often been admired!     :roflmao:

I was trying to practice modesty... :whistle:  but you are so right!  Thank you!

Previous Page 1

Similar Discussion Topics