What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to get updated and informed of the latest legislation?

Started by , Jan 16 2015 04:45 PM
8 Replies

Hi,

As a SQF practitioner I have to get informed from the latest legislation.

I know that one way is to get updated info from their websites . Problem with this is that I have received plenty of redundant emails that increased the possibility of missing the important one.

The other way is to review the specific part in a frequent interval. 

With having our audit in almost two months, can you suggest me any other options or do you think that one of these ways would be sufficient ?

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? EU legislation for ice cream Latest version of Yum standard Freezing Legislation
[Ad]

Depends what part of earth you are from.

Are you based in the USA? Also what is your product and process?

Thanks RG3 and Simon.

I am based in Canada and my company is manufacturing/ repackaging.

My concerns are first to ensure receiving the most updated legislation from a confirmed source( CFIA, Health Canada) and then being  able to convince our auditor ( I mean as a document). 

Do you currently have a list of legislation in your system?

If the CFIA is the relevant body for your product and process then do they have an email alert system that you could subscribe to?  I think they should.  I find these types of subscription are easy and usually free to keep up to date with changes and new things.

1 Like

Hi

CFIA does have a notification system for email alerts about changes and you can pick which subject you would want to be notified about ...this is how we cover the legislation requirement and once a year we sign up again to ensure we receive them....most countries provide this type of service...just make sure you have this action in your procedure... :spoton:

CFIA should have the latest update information available through email alerts

Depends what part of earth you are from.

Thanks RG3 and Simon.

I am based in Canada and my company is manufacturing/ repackaging.

My concerns are first to ensure receiving the most updated legislation from a confirmed source( CFIA, Health Canada) and then being  able to convince our auditor ( I mean as a document). 

Sorry anamazi that's what I was trying to elude to, what country are you from? You see under your profile name it says earth when most of us have a country flag. This will help you in the long run with any future questions you may have because there are different legislation/regulations regarding food safety/food security depending on what country you're from. For example if there was a question about allergens, well Canada requires to call out mustard as an allergen where as if you were to be a Quality/Food Safety professional in the United States we do not. 

If your company sends product to any other country such as the US or the EU you will also want to stay up to date on their regulations as well. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? EU legislation for ice cream Latest version of Yum standard Freezing Legislation AIB latest consolidated standard BRC Agents and Brokers Standard latest version New GS1-GTIN Code for updated product? Updated Metal Detection or X-ray Updated Metal Detection or X-ray