What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

So glad I found this forum.

Started by , Jan 29 2015 05:07 AM
12 Replies
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking forward to learning much from all of the experienced members. I am the QFS Manager and SQF practitioner for our facility. I started 16 years ago as a bakers helper, eventually working into the Sanitition Foreperson position. A few years experience in sanitation, a residency course at AIB in the Little Apple, and wham I find myself charged with overseeing more programs than I could have ever imagined. There are many experienced QFS professionals in our company, but I will be tapping a greater pool of knowledge by being a member here.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glad to become a member (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration How to edit or remove forum posted Glad to Have Found a great place to discuss Food Safety Forum for EU Regulations
[Ad]

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking forward to learning much from all of the experienced members. I am the QFS Manager and SQF practitioner for our facility. I started 16 years ago as a bakers helper, eventually working into the Sanitition Foreperson position. A few years experience in sanitation, a residency course at AIB in the Little Apple, and wham I find myself charged with overseeing more programs than I could have ever imagined. There are many experienced QFS professionals in our company, but I will be tapping a greater pool of knowledge by being a member here.

Hi CCP (I can't believe that username was available :doh:)

Welcome to the forums.  As you know there's a huge repository of useful information and guidance on the website to help you in your role.  Importantly there are lot's of great members to lean on if you have a question.  Most of us have been around a long time.

:welcome:

We're glad you found it!  You have a ton of experience.   Sanitation is crucial.

There are a lot of bakery folks hanging around. 

[¬º-°]¬      [¬º-°]¬        We're ready to pick your brain.     :welcome: 

:welcome: to IFSQN!

:welcome: !

:welcome:   You will find that there is a huge collective knowledge database here.  But more importantly, there are people here who are willing to reach out and help each other.

That makes this a great place to get information, and just hang out and learn.

We sometimes get :off_topic: though, but it's part of being a community.

Great to have you!

Martha

Thanks everyone. We scored a 96 with 4 minors on our 1st SQF level 2. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We have been BRC certified for 5 years so at least we had a leg up in GFSI. Thanks again for the welcomes.

Thanks everyone. We scored a 96 with 4 minors on our 1st SQF level 2. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We have been BRC certified for 5 years so at least we had a leg up in GFSI. Thanks again for the welcomes.

Did you change from BRC to SQF or are you doing both? 

We have switched. Once our certificate is issued, we will be certified in both schemes for a little while this year.

We have switched. Once our certificate is issued, we will be certified in both schemes for a little while this year.

Dear CCP,

May one ask why you switched, eg due to a change in customer requirements ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Corporate decision. There was a segment of the company that were BRC before being purchased 5 years ago. Now all locations will be SQF.
1 Thank

:welcome: CCP

Corporate decision. There was a segment of the company that were BRC before being purchased 5 years ago. Now all locations will be SQF.

Dear CCP,

Thks, Such is the Corridors of Power.  Out of the Frying Pan into..... :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Glad to become a member (11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration How to edit or remove forum posted Glad to Have Found a great place to discuss Food Safety Forum for EU Regulations Jelly like substance is found in milk bactoclarifier Nestlé Toll House cookie dough recalled nationwide due to rubber pieces found in dough Namaste! Glad to be here! Moulds found in Glass Bottles Love the Forum and Here to Help