What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pine oil cleaner for domestic areas

Started by , Feb 10 2015 07:50 PM
3 Replies
We are a food processing facility, working on becoming SQF certified. We use a pine oil cleaner for domestic areas. What is required to use it under SQF code?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you validate pine nut sachet in the line? Using Pine Nuts - Are we (legally) Nut-Free or Not Nut-Free?
[Ad]

Do you mean non food processing/storage areas such as breakrooms, offices and bathrooms?

You will need a safety data sheet for any chemical used regardless of area. If the use is restricted to areas seperate from food processing/handling areas and where factory clothing is not worn you are able to use these types of cleaning agents. However they must be kept totally seperate from factory areas - if they 'accidently' migrate into food processing areas you will have a hard time not getting a non conformance in your audit.

Personally I purchase the cleaning agents for the 'domestic' areas from our sanitation chemical supplier - they supply us with 'food safe' chemicals (generally the types used in restaurant kitchens) which makes life easier all round.

S

I would agree with the above statement. However, we do have non-food safe chemicals that we use in our breakrooms/lunchrooms/bathrooms/office but to enter into our plant you must go through a foot bath which would eliminate the potential for non-food safe chemicals migrating into the facility. We receive these from our normal sanitation chemical supplier as well.

We are a food processing facility, working on becoming SQF certified. We use a pine oil cleaner for domestic areas. What is required to use it under SQF code?

Dear Judy.a,

I always thought it was disapproved for use within a food manufacturing Plant due to the risk of taint. maybe it depends on where you are / what you're doing / definition of domestic.

http://www.fsis.usda...P Criteria.html

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you validate pine nut sachet in the line? Using Pine Nuts - Are we (legally) Nut-Free or Not Nut-Free?