What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using UV Lamp for Visual Inspection in a Dairy

Started by , Feb 18 2015 12:28 PM
5 Replies

we are working in dairy plan and planning to use UV lamb for visual inspection, kindly share with me your experience and advice 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology
[Ad]

You would use a UV lamp to either look for a Biofilm  or for pseudomona contamination.

Caz

we plan to use it as tools for visual inspection in tetrapak filling machine, ceheck filling pipe, hidden parts to ensure effective CIP 

Hello,

I am using outside of production equipment also a UV-marker pen to check , whether cleaing is done in a good manner. I I find my marking with the UV-lamp after the cleaning is supposed to be done, I can proof, that cleaning was not sufficient enough. I a fine way to check the cleaning people  :spoton:

Yours

Werner

1 Thank

I used to inspect the raw milk and pasteurized milk silos with a powerful UV lamp. "Milk stone" as it is called in the dairy industry fluoresces under uv lamp. It aids in pin pointing areas inside the silo that are not being effectively cleaned by the CIP systems. Milk stone is a biofilm plaque of calcium, other milk minerals and microbial colonies. Once you know the areas that are not being cleaned it helps to diagnose the cloging or mis-positioning of the CIP spray ball inside the silo. It is important to check new silos, tanks and transport tanks as well shortly after thet are placed into service.

regards

1 Thank

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology Probability of Detection with X-ray Inspection Technology 100% Label Inspection 100% Label Inspection 100% Label Inspection Sharps Control - Required inspection frequency? Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product