What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety Summit in Baltimore

Started by , Feb 19 2015 10:18 PM
11 Replies

Is anyone planning on coming to the Food Safety Summit in Baltimore in April?  My company may not be able to fund a pass for it, but I may decide to pay for a day in the exhibit hall myself, if it is worth the trip over the bridge.

Has anyone been here before?  Was the exhibit hall worth the fee?

Were you part of the 216 people who ate the Chicken Marsala last year and came down with food poisoning?

And, if anyone is going to be here, maybe we could do a get together somewhere.

Martha

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Actually my boss was just talking about us going. I don't know any of the details yet, but as far as events she intends for me to attend, this is one of them. Following this thread. 

I'm:

A) Not planning on going

b) Not one of the people who were poisoned last year

C) Not planning on being one of the people poisoned this year...

but you never know.

I'd love to.... but my boss ( me)  won't let me.

I am of the mindset that these aren't learning events so much as they are selling events. (Buy our program/tool/test.) That kind of makes me twitchy. Plus crowds, blech!

Dear MWidra,

Were you part of the 216 people who ate the Chicken Marsala last year and came down with food poisoning?

BasicTravel Kit

Imodium.

wide spectrum abc.

Cheese sandwiches

Crackers.

Instant soup powders.

Tea sachets.

Plastic Bags.

4-leaf clover

Rgds / Charles,C

The only reason I might be going is because my boss is a cougar who has a thing for nice looking young men in suits. 

Dear MWidra,

BasicTravel Kit

Imodium.

wide spectrum abc.

Cheese sandwiches

Crackers.

Instant soup powders.

Tea sachets.

Plastic Bags.

4-leaf clover

Rgds / Charles,C

This is hilarious.  Love it.

Martha

I am of the mindset that these aren't learning events so much as they are selling events. (Buy our program/tool/test.) That kind of makes me twitchy. Plus crowds, blech!

Agreed.

My plant manager is too savvy to pay for this. 

But I'd love to visit Baltimore sometime.  Maybe if a specific training comes up that isn't available locally.

That's a shame, because the scientific meetings that I have attended over the years were very useful.  The vendor exhibit areas were places to pick the brains of the companies offering services and equipment, while you hobnobbed with others in your field.  I was hoping this was similar to those experiences.

Agreed.

My plant manager is too savvy to pay for this. 

But I'd love to visit Baltimore sometime.  Maybe if a specific training comes up that isn't available locally.

MM it would be great to meet in person if you make it here.  It's an interesting city.

There is an eclectic array of things to do that no matter what strikes your fancy, there's something for you.  People from around here tend to avoid the National Aquarium (it's such a tourist trap), but there are some really fun things to see that are tucked here and there.

Martha

That's a shame, because the scientific meetings that I have attended over the years were very useful.  The vendor exhibit areas were places to pick the brains of the companies offering services and equipment, while you hobnobbed with others in your field.  I was hoping this was similar to those experiences.

MM it would be great to meet in person if you make it here.  It's an interesting city.

There is an eclectic array of things to do that no matter what strikes your fancy, there's something for you.  People from around here tend to avoid the National Aquarium (it's such a tourist trap), but there are some really fun things to see that are tucked here and there.

Martha

Noooooo, now I feel touristy.  I <3 the aquarium!   And the natty bo!  Also a draw - "stuff referenced in the Wire" & hilarious Baltimore accents.

Noooooo, now I feel touristy.  I <3 the aquarium!   And the natty bo!  Also a draw - "stuff referenced in the Wire" & hilarious Baltimore accents.

LOL, if you want to visit some of the areas used in The Wire, you may need a bodyguard.  It would depend on what was being referenced.

I admit, the accent is different.  I can drop in and out of it as needed, I grew up with it all around me.  But I still talk about "Droodle Park" (Druid Hill Park.)

Other places to visit after you have spent your day and dollars at the Aquarium.

How about this?  http://www.avam.org/

Or this?  http://thewalters.org/

Or even this?  http://thebmi.org/ex...ent-collection/

And if you are patriotic, there's this.  http://www.nps.gov/fomc/index.htm

Martha

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces