What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

C-Clamps in production process?

Started by , Feb 27 2015 02:51 PM
3 Replies

Anyone have a process that requires or currently uses C-claps to hold removable pieces in place.

In particular, we are using clamps to hold screeners in place on our vibratory conveyors since they must be periodically removed and cleaned during production runs.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fumes in the Production Facility
[Ad]

I view C-Clamps as a "temporary repair". 

The preference would be to have the screens modified so that they can be removed and attached by permanent mounting hardware.

If that's not a possibility, the clamps should be cleaned and sanitized and monitored to ensure they do not cause a food safety hazard to the process.

Marshall

1 Like

It would be very simple to install quick release fasteners that are sanitizable without removing and not require a tool to adjust / remove.

These are among my favorites:

https://www.mcmaster.com/lever-handles

Along with slotted attachments these are very quick and easy to use.

1 Like

It would be very simple to install quick release fasteners that are sanitizable without removing and not require a tool to adjust / remove.

These are among my favorites:

https://www.mcmaster.com/lever-handles

Along with slotted attachments these are very quick and easy to use.

I second the quick release fasteners. Also, as a recommendation to others, I completely endorse McMaster-Carr. They are a great company and have terrific prices. Our maintenance/fabrication team always returns to them. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves